Saturday, July 31, 2010

Dipping an Empire Army

It seems no matter how much I try and clean the hobby closet more gets added into it. Some stuff I want to work on more and other stuff I go it'd be nice to have it done but ... So over on the Reaper miniature Forum I stumbled across this link and it inspired me to give the dip a go. As it so happened I have an empire army in need of painting but it's pretty low on the priority list of spending time on. So last weekend I built a unit of swordsmen and a detachment of halberds along with the Army standard bearer and a cannon and crew. Painted them dipped them and finished basing them today.




I chose the scheme of the province of Wissenland from the army book.If I was doing my normal painting scheme I probably wouldn't of chosen it as I'm not huge on painting big patches of white. But for this I figured I go with a scheme I normally wouldn't have tried to paint. I'm happy with the results overall. They'll not win a painting competition but  look decent enough on the table. I probably spent more time on building the models then it took to build them.

3 comments:

  1. I have used army painter dip. It is a good way of turning out a mass of troops quickly to a tolerable standard.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. I will be using army painter for some empire I have too and my upcoming Tomb Kings army. Are you planning to shoot them with a matte coat or leave them glossy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will hit them up with a matte coat once the heat/humidity breaks by me.

    ReplyDelete